This year, GO Humanity has been focusing on Seeding Local Power. This means nourishing small local organizations doing important work in their communities—disaster recovery, food security projects, and actions alleviating poverty.
As large charities equip their volunteers with buckets, bells, and the like for the holiday fundraising season, we’re empowering members of our GO Teams network with virtual “buckets” of their own so they can keep flourishing.
- We’re creating and managing customized donation pages through our website for participating teams. We’ll take care of the tech, design, and writing so teams can focus on organizing.
- Every team that creates a fundraiser will have a solo spotlight blog on our newsfeed and be promoted on social media.
- We’ll support fundraisers by offering suggestions to teams for fundraising events, activities, and strategy.
We’re starting an early roll-out of this program for Florida teams participating in disaster recovery following Hurricanes Ian and Nicole.’
- Humanist Alliance Philippines International, which wants to help people start community gardens
- Kenya Humanist Alliance, distributing menstrual products and food in impoverished areas
- SociologyEats!, which helps food insecure students at Texas A&M
- Humanists of Tallahassee, which wants to build a free pantry for their community
- MOJELIPH, providing food security in Haiti
Let’s demonstrate our shared commitment to shared and local power by chipping in or promoting a GO Bucket this season.