Beyond Belief Network teams and staff have come up with a list of simple and easy activities that people can do during the Thanksgiving weekend to spread the holiday good will around to the less fortunate. BBN is a network of more than 80 humanist groups that regularly volunteer and raise money for charities. See if there’s a team in your area, or ask your local team to apply to join BBN.
- Send a card or email, or call someone who’s made you thankful lately and tell them you care.
- Instead of a hostess gift, make a small donation in honor of your hosts. We have some great choices among our current beneficiaries.
- Take leftovers, a homemade meal, or even take-out to veterans, lonely neighbors, or someone else away from their family over Thanksgiving.
- Nominate a needy humanist for Helping Hands. While we cannot contribute monetarily, we can compile resources, encourage BBN teams to help, and publicize need.
- Stay home and start your Christmas shopping using our Amazon affiliate link, buy a gift membership to FBB for someone you love, or get yourself some FBB gear.
- Help us reach more humanists by liking FBB on Facebook, following us on Twitter, and subscribing to our YouTube channel.